Privacy Notice – NHS Digital (Data Provision Notice)
NHS Digital is the secure haven for NHS patient data, a single secure repository where data collected from all branches of the NHS is processed.
NHS Digital have the power under the Health and Social Care Act 2012 (section 259) to issue a Data Provision Notice.
Recently a Data Provision Notice was issued for Research and Planning. This Data Provision Notice is valid from 1st September 2021.
1) Data Controller contact details
Mersham Medical Centre
30 Norbury Road
Surrey CR7 8JN
2) Data Protection Officer contact details
Data Protection Officer
3) Purpose of the processing
To provide the Secretary of State and others with information and reports on the status, activity and performance of the NHS. The provide specific reporting functions on identified.
4) Lawful basis for processing
The legal basis will be:
- Article 6(1)(c) “processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.” Complying with the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
- Article 9(2)(g) “reasons for processing for substantial public interest’
5) Recipient or categories of recipients of the shared data
The data will be shared with NHS Digital according to directions which can be found at www.digital.nhs.uk – NHS England Directions.
Please also see issued Data Provision Notices: www.digital.nhs.uk – Data Provision Notices (DPNs).
6) Rights to object
You have the right to object to the data being transferred and in order to do this you should complete an opt out form and send this to the Practice.
7) Right to access and correct
You have the right to access the data that is being shared and have any inaccuracies corrected. There is no right to have accurate medical records deleted except when ordered by a court of Law.
8) Retention period
The data will be retained for active use during the processing and thereafter according to NHS Policies and the law.
9) Right to Complain
There are National Offices for Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, (see ICO website).